Re: how to make gnome SHUT DOWN when I say SHUT DOWN

On 15/08/14 19:08, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 8/15/2014 1:52 PM, Brian wrote:
On Fri 15 Aug 2014 at 09:28:42 -0800, Britton Kerin wrote:

Sometimes firefox doesn't really exit (despite all its windows being closed)
so when I say shutdown gnome pops up this dialog asking if I want to
shutdown despite a running process.  Then my laptop gets put in its bag
and tries to cook itself to death.

Is there a way to explain to gnome that when I say shutdown, I mean
SHUTDOWN NOW, REGARDLESS OF STUPID BROKEN PROCESSES?
Talk to it nicely; it is very sensitive to tone and is less likely to
respond to being shouted at.

(If you were hoping for a technical answer to a question devoid of
technical detail I am sorry to diappoint you).

I've found threatening to reformat and install Windoze does wonders :)

Also muttereing xface and kde can work too :)

Iain

Jerry