Re: IP Forwarding to Windows machine [SOLVED]

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 02:06:28PM +0200, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Mike McClain a ?crit :
> >
> >     Clearly DNS lookup is working and I have a problem with the
> > configuration of IE.
>
> Check in its network settings whether a proxy is defined, and remove it.

Hi Pascal,
    Nope, no proxy.
    Though I had told Windows via the 'Local Area Connection' properties
that the Linux box (192.168.1.2) was the gateway for the Win2K box I had
failed to tell Internet Explorer that the Linux box was on the LAN.
Silly me. After fixing that IE could find Google, GRC.com and many other
sites on the web but curiously failed to find Mozilla hence wouldn't DL
Firefox.
    After I put the router back between the two boxes IE couldn't even
find Google but tracert assured me DNS lookup was still there. I DL'd
the last version of Firefox that would work with Win2k from the Debian
box and used smbclient to move it to the Win2K box. After install I
have no trouble accessing the web from the Win2K box with FF.
    I want to say thank you to all that helped. I learned quite a bit
from you guys.

Sincerely,
Mike McClain
--
"Your assumptions are your windows on the world.
Scrub them off every once in a while or the light won't come in."