Re: Irony

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 10:51:30 +0400
Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi.
>
> On Sat, 9 Aug 2014 16:26:40 -0400
> Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>
> > Within months of my switch, oops, here comes systemd.
>
> Consider switching to the Debian/kFreeBSD. It's the same Debian, yet
> there won't be no systemd in the foreseeable future.
>
> Reco

Is Debian/kFreeBSD ready for prime time yet? Can you install all the
same software as with regular Debian? Is there a network install for
Debian/kFreeBSD?

This might be a great alternative. I would have switched to FreeBSD
years ago, except they are always changing their package manager,
which often requires knowledge of an undocumented uri, and I've found
that sometimes using both Ports and their package manager of the month
can screw up the whole installation. But that's not an issue if I have
the Debian package manager.

Thanks for the info.

SteveT