Re: Towards an instructive minimalist intall of Openbox

On Sun 10 Aug 2014 at 10:46:56 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

[Snip}

> What should I be reading to understand:
>   1. what would be minimal set of programs to install?

"minimal" can mean different things to different people and different
things to the same person at different times. Narrowing down your needs
would help.

But to start you off:

1. Install Wheezy with nothing selected at the tasksel stage, That is,
   no DE, no print server etc.

2. Install xorg and openbox with the "--no-install-recommends" option.

In terms of minimal disk space this can be modified to lower the amount
used. How functional the system is for you you would have to judge.

>   2. what scripts get run after a cold or warm boot?
>      (I've discovered I know less about that than I thought I did.)

The same in both cases I would have thought.