Re: Question about dch

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 5:26 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 2:18 PM, George Shuklin <george.shuklin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 08/09/2014 07:16 PM, Tom H wrote:
>>>
>>> From the man page:
>>>
>>> --increment, -i
>>>         Increment either the final component of the Debian release num-
>>>         ber  or, if this is a native Debian package, the version number.
>>>         On Ubuntu, this will also  change  the  suffix  from buildX  to
>>>         ubuntu1. ...
>>>
>> Means it hardcoded? Thanks.
>
> Sorry, I was too terse earlier.
>
> It can be overridden with "--vendor".

One more thing.

I'm assuming that you're packaging on Ubuntu for Debian so using
"--vendor debian" will not append "ubuntu" to the version.

I've never tried it but I don't think that you can use any name for
the vendor and, other than "debian", that name'll be appended to the
version.

A better way is to use "-U" (u for upstream).

Anyway, you can edit whatever dch sets as a version.