Re: Mounting a FreeBSD USB Memory Stick Image rw

On 8/9/14, Martin G. McCormick <martin@server1.shellworld.net> wrote:
> 	Is it possible to mount the FreeBSD USB iso image on a
> debian system? I need to edit one of the configuration files and
> the nearest USB port is on a Debian system. The hope is to add a
> line of text to a file, transfer the image to a USB drive and
> boot the FreeBSD system from the memory stick for an
> installation.
> 	I did try
> mount -t ufs -ro loop FreeBSD-9.1-RELEASE-amd64-memstick-headless.img /mnt

-r option is "--read-only" option. Sounds like you do NOT
want that.

I think you meant "-o loop" rather than "-ro loop".

> first to see what would happen and it appeared to work but ls
> /mnt throws an I/O error as does any operation on /mnt until one
> umounts /mnt.

If the above don't fix it, copy and paste the output of
your mount command (include the command). We might
spot something you're not seeing.

Good luck,
Zenaan