Re: What is the connection between Microsoft and systemd?

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> On 8/4/14, Michael Kjörling <michael@kjorling.se> wrote:
>> In <[🔎] CAAr43iMaT3MneTk+W_hf080N04KrCAd06ZDPMcNiS-AmCo1GOQ@mail.gmail.com>
>> on 3 Aug 2014 08:21 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
>>
>>> (I don't use skype, in spite of my sister's hints, because, as much as
>>> possible, I don't want anything Microsoft touches on my stuff. When
>>> wheezy goes unsupported and the only upgrade path contains systemd,
>>> I'll have a hard choice to make. Hopefully, I'll be ready to use
>>> openbsd on a daily basis by then. If not, I may decide to use skype
>>> after all.)
>>
>> I looked, but couldn't find much. Since I'm not familiar with systemd,
>> could someone please elaborate on what this alleged connection between
>> systemd and Microsoft is?
>
> Microsoft wrote systemd. Or at least the design spec.
> *Everyone* knows that much silly!
>
>> If I just searched for the wrong search terms, a few pointers to some
>> (reasonably authoritative) web pages would do nicely.
>
> Here's a web page for ya:
> This is authoritative.</p>

Indeed. Humor is probably the only reliable way to deal with a world
falling apart.

Hey, it's an opportunity to help rebuild it again!

--
Joel Rees

Computer storage used to be just fancy paper,
the CPU just a fancy pen.
Now the laws say it can't be so.