Re: Theme control in Xfce4 [SOLVED]

Cleaning up some old business, long after the dust has settled.
Steve's suggestion eliminated my need to install the old Crux, but
only after I corrected his instructions. See below. (I want the
correction in the list archive, so that I can find it when I forget.)

Thanks, Steve.
pec

On 20140726_0653-0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 22:26:02 -0600
> Paul Condon <pecondon1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Until quite recently, i.e. in the last year or so, I used the Crux
> > theme in Gnome and more recent Xfce4. But in a recent install from
> > release 7.6 (of Wheezy), Crux has changed in a way that is significant
> > for me. I have a style of working in which I have many overlapping
> > terminal windows on the screen. When the window that has focus is too
> > small to contain some long lines without folding, I like to quickly
> > expand the window, either to the left or to the right, depending on
> > what other window will be covered by the expansion.
> >
> > The old Crux had thick borders on all four sides, top, bottom, left,
> > and right. This thick border made it easy to position the mouse cursor
> > on a particular edge and quickly adjust it to my liking. In the new
> > Crux the side borders are extremely hard to hit on with my imperfect
> > eye-hand coordination. I want the old Crux back.
>
> Hopefully, what bzzzz recommended, in a different email, about making a
> derivative crux, will work. But if it doesn't, positioning a mouse
> anywhere near the inside of one of the four corners and then
> Alt+right-dragging will change the size both horizontally and

Alt+right-drag will move the side closest to the cursor so as to
maintain a fixed distance of that side and the cursor. The cursor icon
changes to an arrow which points to the side (or corner) that will be
moved in lock step to cursor movement.

> vertically. Placing the mouse near the center of any side and then
> Alt+right-dragging enables you to move that side in either direction.

Alt+left-drag will move the whole window without changing its size.
    ^^^^
NB. Left, not Right.

> It's not perfect, but it got me through the day when I switched away
For me, it's much better than what I was asking for ;)

It works for me (tm). I've tested it only in the context of Wheezy
7.6, Xfce4, gnome-terminal.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net