Possible bug in libpq5(9.4 beta-2)

I've been running a test server with Debian testing for about 6 months, [jessie at this time].  The server has a very basic apache2.4 setup and a basic postfix mail server configured to use virtual mailboxes postmapped via a postgresql database with courier-imap for connectivity and saslauthd for remote smtp.  Everything worked great until an upgrade seemingly to libpq5 caused havoc with postfix access to the postgresql database.

This is error from mail.log:
postfix/cleanup[28208]: warning: connect to pgsql server 127.0.0.1: out of memory?

I noticed that libpq5 has recently had multi-arch support enabled, and that this may break a few things because of file location issues.  I was able to get things back up and running by downgrading both postgresql and libpq5 to the current wheezy versions of 9.1 for postgresql and 9.1.13-0wheezy1 for libpq5.  After the downgrade of these two packages, the mail server functioned normally once again.

So, there must be some sort of problem somewhere with libpq5(9.4 beta-2) and postfix (tried all versions available in wheezy and jessie with the exact same result).  The question I have is, which package is the problem?  Is it postfix not dealing well with multi-arch libpq5 or libpq5 not implementing multi-arch in a nice compatible way?  Or something else entirely?

I've also noticed that the very large libpq5 reverse depends exclude running apache2.4 with php postgresql support and a downgraded libpq5 -- which is a shame.

--Andrew