NetworkManager broken after upgrading

Greetings All,

This is a desperate request for aiding me in fixing an issue performing an upgrade.

I am on testing, and decided to do apt-get upgrade, everything worked fine and the upgrade was successful except for one problem, the NetworkManager broke after the reboot.

I cannot see any devices in the nm-applet menu, and instead I see 'No network devices available', and when opening the connection information I get 'No valid active connections found!'.

I tried creating the network connections myself, but it gave me the error 'Connection not visible or not available: Method "GetAll" with signature "s" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist'.

I googled for these errors, tried some solutions but nothing fixed it. Now I am unable to interact with NetworkManager any longer. I suspected dbus and glib-networking-* to be the reason, so I downgraded them but didn't fix the issue.

If anyone faced this issue before, or have any clue on what's wrong, please help in fixing this issue.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Ahmed Ossama