Re: /dev/random

Le jeudi 31 juillet 2014 à 16:41:01 -0700, pecondon@mesanetworks.net a écrit:
> not generated by the functioning of the computer, but from something
> like the keystroke times of a human asking for help on this list. It
> differs from /dev/urandom in that /dev/random blocks and does not give
> any bits if there have not been enough keystrokes since the last call
> to replenish the supply of entropy in its entropy store. In contrast,
As far as I know, keystrokes aren't the only monitored data used to fill
the entropy pool; HDD and network I/Os timestamps are also use, as they
can be considered as chaotic. Maybe the kernel doc can help you to know
all of entropy sources. I know this isn't really the question, but I
think you must know that keystrokes aren't the only entropy sources.

Regards.
--
David Guyot
Administrateur système, réseau et télécommunications / Sysadmin