Re: dev/log in jail

Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:
> On 31/07/14 18:52, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

>>> I have a very naive question: how can we create a dev/log socket,
>>> similar to `/dev/log', in a chroot jail ?

>> It can be done through bind mounts (refer to the mount(8) manpage) or
>> by configuring the log daemon to listen at the extra socket.

> Is there a way to create one by hand ?

Of course, but it won't be useful since nobody will collect the
information from it.

You need to either a) bind mount an existing /dev/log (as already said)
or b) consult the documentation of your syslog-daemon on how to
configure it to create and listen to an extra socket (as also already
said).

Grüße,
Sven.

--