Re: Finding a replacement for my ISP's smtp server

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 01:37:57PM +0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2014-07-28, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > (Piques my curiosity.)
> >
> >> They have made
> >> it clear in that they do not require or use TLS.
> >
> > (Wondering what TLS has to do with strangeness in this case.)

I have read that without TLS the email file, and my password are
sent over the internet in the clear, un-encrypted, and that is
'clearly' a BAD THING.

I have seen in recent days enough error message blaming TLS to
convince me that there are many programmers who beleive it is.
Until recently, I was like most of the world unaware of the
whole issue.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net