Re: Theme control in Xfce4

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 22:26:02 -0600
Paul Condon <pecondon1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Until quite recently, i.e. in the last year or so, I used the Crux
> theme in Gnome and more recent Xfce4. But in a recent install from
> release 7.6 (of Wheezy), Crux has changed in a way that is significant
> for me. I have a style of working in which I have many overlapping
> terminal windows on the screen. When the window that has focus is too
> small to contain some long lines without folding, I like to quickly
> expand the window, either to the left or to the right, depending on
> what other window will be covered by the expansion.
>
> The old Crux had thick borders on all four sides, top, bottom, left,
> and right. This thick border made it easy to position the mouse cursor
> on a particular edge and quickly adjust it to my liking. In the new
> Crux the side borders are extremely hard to hit on with my imperfect
> eye-hand coordination. I want the old Crux back.

Hopefully, what bzzzz recommended, in a different email, about making a
derivative crux, will work. But if it doesn't, positioning a mouse
anywhere near the inside of one of the four corners and then
Alt+right-dragging will change the size both horizontally and
vertically. Placing the mouse near the center of any side and then
Alt+right-dragging enables you to move that side in either direction.

It's not perfect, but it got me through the day when I switched away
from IceWM and lost my ability to easily resize. And it works in almost
any Linux environment, although it's a little quirky in the dwm window
manager.

HTH,

SteveT