Re: Time in Emacs status bar

On 15 July 2014 01:50, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

Is it correct when you ask for it directly?  What is this output?

Yes it is correct everywhere else:

  $ date

  $ date -R

Do you have TZ set?

  echo $TZ

js@artikel ~> date
Di Jul 15 09:06:38 SAST 2014
js@artikel ~> date -R
Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:06:45 +0200
js@artikel ~> echo $TZ

js@artikel ~>

> I have tried to correct it by putting this in ~/.emacs:
>
> (set-time-zone-rule "GMT+2")
> (setq display-time-day-and-date t
>                 display-time-24hr-format t)
> (display-time)

I suggest fixing it at the system level not in each application.
There are too many applications to play fixup with each one
individually.  (And I am also an emacs user.)

I agree.

Thanks for you attention.

I will look further for the cause of this problem.

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)