Re: copy new backup file from different locations

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 04:00:30PM +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
>    i have five server creating different format files for backup on daily
>    basis. i keep 1 month archive in the folder and delete all the old files
>    prior to 1 month. and i have to do it manually. i want this to be
>    automated.

$ find /path/to/backups -mtime +28 -delete

will find files last modified more than 28 days ago and delete them.

>    i have created a script which is working fine but i need backup
>    softwares like bacula or backuppc do this for me. can i do this, because i

I don't know about bacula, but for backupc, look at the
$Conf{DumpPreUserCmd} setting[1]. It should be trivial to adapt the
example to SSH into your client and run the above command before backup
begins.

>    dont wana backup i actually wont to copy and bring all the data to
>    centralized network folder and it should ignore all the old file and only
>    select new file from the backup list. please help
>
>    Thanks,
>
>    Yousuf

[1]:
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#_conf_dumppreusercmd_