Re: building .debs with "+b1" on the end

Hi

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 01:37:17AM -0400, Brian Sammon wrote:
> I want to re-build a package for personal use, and have a special version number for my custom build.
>
> Since I'm not planning on customizing the source or the debian control files, I think the ideal choice is to build a binary package with a suffix like "+b1" or "+local" on the end.

If you make no changes to the source, nor the debian control files,
shouldn't you end up with the same package?

Or perhaps, you want to backport a package? Or compile for some
esoteric architecture? If so, there should be no need to change the
version number - this would introduce unnecessary confusion...

--
Karl E. Jorgensen