Re: Learning package building - tutorial issue

On 07/06/2014 09:21 PM, Valerio Pachera wrote:

>> Unless you provide some more information, I can not find the source of
>> the problem: Could it be possible to upload an archive of the directory
>> you are trying to build the package from?
>>

> Here it is.
> I forgot to mention I'm running debian wheezy.

The `rules` file seems to be the source of the problem. Change

	$(MAKE) DESTDIR=$$(pwd)/debian/hithere prefix=/usr install

	$(MAKE) DESTDIR=$$(pwd)/debian/tmp prefix=/usr install

and try again.

If it is your own application you are compiling this way, I suggest you
to configure the application's makefile to automatically create
necessary file structures in order to be able to keep the `rules` file
as simple (and as compatible...) as possible.

HTH
Linux-Fan