Preseed and security packages during install

Hi,

I was recently bit by the bug listed here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=746642
which resulted in my new SATA drives not being recognized during a Debian 7.5 install.

Is there anyway to install 7.5 with my sata card without installing 7.4 from ISO first?
I’m using PXE-boot with the netinstall iso and a preseed file.

The security packages are added AFTER the detection/partitioning of disks so I’m unable to detect the drives.

Any idea how to solve it? Is it even possible? I’ve tried modifying the netboot initrd and add firmware to it, but it seems that during netboot it actually downloads the latest stable..

Kind Regards,
David