Re: Problems installing Perl modules with CPAN on Wheezy

Sorry just worked this out, the system I was on hadnt had make or g++ install. Whoops

On 27/06/2014 15:59, Andrew Wood wrote:
Im not experienced with Perl so I dont know much about CPAN but on Jessie I have been able to install DBI and the DBD::mysqlPP modules using
cpan DBI
cpan DBD::mysqlPP

however on Wheezy I just get the following...

<snipped>
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good

I see you're using perl 5.014002 on i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int, okay.
    Remember to actually *read* the README file!
    Use  'make' to build the software (dmake or nmake on Windows).
    Then 'make test' to execute self tests.
    Then 'make install' to install the DBI and then delete this working
    directory before unpacking and building any DBD::* drivers.

Writing Makefile for DBI
Writing MYMETA.yml
  TIMB/DBI-1.631.tar.gz
  make -- NOT OK
'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

Can anyone please enlighten me as to why this works on Jessie but not Wheezy?

Thanks
Andrew