Re: Where is the log for deja-dup

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 00:10:17 +0100
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue 24 Jun 2014 at 16:29:58 -0400, John Song wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 17:57:52 +0100
> > Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> > > You favorite search engine: "deja-dup log".
> >
> > The point of my question is that cannot find any deja-dup,log in any of the
> > usual places. So where can I find it?
>
> The point of my answer was in the two hits I got from a search.

I guess that means that there is no log
The best I could find was this answer in ask ububtu:

<quote>It seems that it doesn't really save them anywhere, but if you run it
with the environment variable DEJA_DUP_DEBUG=1 you can get all the information
that way.<unquote>

After reading the maintainer's reservations about the program
http://mterry.name/log/tag/deja-dup/ I think I will have a look at obnam.

Thanks for the suggestions.

John