Re: Debian on a Dell Latitude E7440

On 03/22/2014 01:29 PM Craig L. wrote:
.... I found folks
running other distros on the E7440, so we're going with it. If I have any
problems I will pass them along for anyone else that is interested in this.

One of the nice things about GNU/Linux is that, if one distro works on a particular machine, then it's at least theoretically possible for all other GNU/Linux distros to work on it. After all, it all comes down to the code. When this wouldn't be true would be when, for example, some distro (and there are a lot of them) used proprietary, non-FOSS code for a driver. From my understanding, Debian in particular shuns non-FOSS software, so such an instance would be problematic.

How has the E7440 been working out? Any of the hardware not recognized or not functioning as expected?