No Evolution reminders show up in advance as desired.

After using Evolution for last 7 years for about last 3-4 months I
started experiencing the described bellow problem.

Appointment and reminder set up and desired behaviour:

- Set up an appointment for a particular date.
- Open Reminder, select Customize, then click Add
- In Add Reminder set "Pop an alert" to 2 days (or 48 hours) "before
start of appointment".
- Check "Repeat the reminder" box and set the reminder to be repeated 6
"extra times" "every 8 "hours".
- For 7 years with the above configuration I had a reminder popping up 2
days in advance and then accurately repeated every 8 hours until the
actual date of the appointment.

Current (faulty) behaviour:
---------------------------

- The appointment and reminder setup as described above.
- NO reminder pops up in advance. Instead all 6 reminders pop up together
on the date of the appointment.

I experience the same problem under Debian Squeeze (GNOME Classic),
Ubuntu 14.04 (Unity), and Xubuntu 14.04. In all *buntu's the data is
restored to Evolution from Debian Squeeze Evolution backup.

In Evolution Preferenses->Calendar_and_Tasks->Reminders: "Display
reminders in notification area only" is checked and "Show a reminder ...
before every appointment" is NOT checked on all 3 systems.

Anybody else experiences the same problem? Can somebody help to figure
out what the problem is? Google was not my friend with this.

Thank you.