New computer

Hi all,

I just bought a new computer, going cheap instead of going top of the
line. It has a 4.1Ghz dual AMD FM2 processor, 16GB of RAM, and ASUS
mobo, and I'll be doing both business computing and experimental virtual
machines on it.

All my previous daily driver business machines have been either
Mandrake/Mandriva or Ubuntu/Xubuntu, but I'm going to see if I can make
this one Debian Stable in order to free myself from Plymouth and
lightdm.

I'll keep you in the loop as this project proceeds forward. I'm going
to do it slowly and carefully, because my entire business will depend on
this machine.

Thanks,

SteveT