Re: Reply To settings - was - Re: Debian 7.5 amd64 xfce GUI shutdown and restart do not work

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014, Bret Busby wrote:
> Where a list (and, I am assuming that the mailing list software for
> this list allows it - from the full header, the mailing list software
> used for this list, is Claws mail) is configured to by default,
> Reply-To the mailing list, it generally is shown in the full header of
> a message that is distributed by the mailing list, or, so I believe.

Reply-To is for users to set. Mailing lists often set it because many
MUAs do not take advantage of RFC2369 and ignore List-Post, which Debian
mailing lists set. MUAs like mutt and gnus are capable of
differentiating between replying to the poster, and replying to the
list. As such, Debian does not alter the reply-to: header for its
official mailing lists.

Only one creature could have duplicated the expressions on their
faces, and that would be a pigeon who has heard not only that Lord
Nelson has got down off his column but has also been seen buying a
12-bore repeater and a box of cartridges.
 -- Terry Pratchet _Mort_