Re: Re: Screen size trouble with Xorg

A quick Google returns this interesting link:
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=168568&messid=1324412&parentid=1322139&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Branch

indicating even the Windows AMD driver has trouble.

Have you tried the vesa driver as a test?

Wow! I didn't come across that link during my research, but it's bloody amazing that this is a cross-platform bug facing all combinations of AMD video cards using the S27C500 monitor. I will give things a try using the vesa driver, thank you very much for pointing me in the direction of that link. I believe I'll be going to the store to buy an Nvidia card later today.

I am happy that this is a real bug on AMD's part, and I am angry they have turned a blind eye to this problem!

--
Love,
Mike Bailey