Re: grub rescue

I choose to reinstall.

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM, lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Today I tried to install debian from a CD which dated back to 2011.

Everything went fine,

partition -> and then it arrived at the set up the mirror, I just choose default and think later changed in the /etc/apt.
It started to download from that default ftp mirror.
It was choked there for half a hour, the progress bar didn't proceed and it is said waiting ...

The only thing I could do at that time, was took the CD out and reboot. Which I shouldn't have done that.

After reboot, it showed me

grub rescue>

when I tried

grub rescue> ls (hd0, msdos5)

error: unknown filesystem.

I don't know what I can do next.

P.S. Why I choose that old CD because the newly-burned CD failed to enter into the installation. Before the system was Ubuntu. I had freed all space and did the partition.

Thanks ahead,