Re: Why does my ssh session terminate immediately?

Andreas Leha wrote
> thanks for all your suggestions and help.  I chose to re-install now, as
> I am not able to spend more time on this issue.
>
> Although I would have loved to know what caused the error in the end,
> the re-install fixed it and was cheaper than a continued search for the
> cause.

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I've come here for similar reasons,
so perhaps to help someone else. Carefully reading through your posts it
seem perhaps related to SELinux:

> | debug1: session_pty_req: session 0 alloc /dev/pts/0
> | debug1: SELinux support disabled
> | debug1: server_input_channel_req: channel 0 request env reply 0

If you ever see this, can you confirm that you were or were not using
SELinux at the time of this problem?

Also, FWIW, Fedora did a lot of changes to their SELinux policy files
at this time. I have no idea how those things propagate to debian etc.

It could also be that while a /dev/pts/N has been allocated, no controlling
/dev/ttyN has...