Re: Can Iceweasel and Firefox co-exist on Wheezy.

On 06/13/2014 10:01 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Friday 13 June 2014 11:57:18 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
>> On Vi, 13 iun 14, 10:21:54, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>>
>>> I am giving up in despair and I'm going to install Firefox. :-(
>>> Just too many sites won't talk to me.  Do I need to uninstall
>>> Iceweasel first or can I have both?  TDE 3.5.13.2 on Wheezy 7.5.
>>
>> Do you have all updates? Wheezy currently has 24.4.0esr-1~deb7u2
>> (via the security archive). Could you give an example of a site
>> that won't work for you?
>
> https://beta.ovoenergy.com/login
>
> I can't login on this one.

I don't have a login there (and can't be bothered to find out what
getting one would involve, at least at the moment), so I can't test
that...

> There are many sites on which I can't shop (can't put things in the
> basket). Here is an example of that:
>
> http://www.damart.co.uk/F-10068-thermal-tops/P-63701--pack-of-2-french-neck-vests

...but I was able to add that item (size 14-16) to the basket without
issues, and looking at the basket afterwards confirmed that it was
present. This is with iceweasel 24.5.0esr-1; 24.6.0 is now in
stable/updates, and testing is on 29 (they've moved off the ESR
channel for some reason).

Adding that item to the basket does require that you select a size
first, at which point some JS routine enables the "add to basket"
button. But I presume you already took that into account.

I did have to allow scripts from quite a few domains first, since I use
NoScript. I didn't bother trying to narrow it down to the minimum list
of exactly which domains were needed, but it worked in the end.

Are you sure it isn't some part of your local Iceweasel configuration
that's the issue here?

If the issue is in your profile somewhere, then unless you discard your
existing profile when moving to Firefox, it's entirely possible that an
official Firefox install would have the same problems - and if
discarding the profile would fix it, then you could just as easily do
that while remaining with Iceweasel.

- --
   The Wanderer

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.