Re: Can Iceweasel and Firefox co-exist on Wheezy.

On 6/13/14, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am giving up in despair and I'm going to install Firefox. :-(
> Just too many sites won't talk to me.
> Do I need to uninstall Iceweasel first or can I
> have both?  TDE 3.5.13.2 on Wheezy 7.5.

I have taken to installing Google Chrome for people - it's too much
hassle to make everything work with IceWeasel that people expect.

My philosophy on this - if a computer is going to get dirty, might as
well go all in, and Google is the king at this point, so Chrome it is.
If it don't work with Chrome, it ain't gonna work on GNU/Linux at all.

As to your question - I have installed and run all three at the same
time (at least on other peoples' computers - for me, I just make the
sacrifices ongoingly, but I do understand that many people cannot
suffer this).

As a quick test, open a command line and run "firefox" - if it doesn't
exist, then installing firefox "official" _should_ be ok.

Good luck Lisi,
Zenaan