Iceweasel problem

Running updated Wheezy w/ Iceweasel 24.5.0 on a Thinkpad 420i.

Every time I start the computer from a shutdown or wake it from
hibernation Iceweasel opens and I close it 6 consecutive times in rapid
succession. After the 6th time it stays closed unless I deliberately open
it.

Online searches have been no help. As a matter of fact, I couldn't find
one mention of the problem. Maybe I missed it.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

--
Bob Holtzman
A man is a man who will fight with a sword