Re: [SOLVED] Re: Gnome 2, 3.. And then 2 ?

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Lu, 09 iun 14, 19:21:55, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>
>> Glad you have a solution! All my Debian 7 systems use Xfce instead of
>> GNOME, so I can't help you there. Debian Testing, aka Jessie, ships
>> with Xfce by default, so if you upgrade from Squeeze to Wheezy to
>> Jessie, you would see something approximately like your subject line
>> (GNOME 2 to GNOME 3 to Xfce), but that's not what your description
>> said.
>
> I seriously doubt existing Gnome installation will be migrated to Xfce,
> even if Xfce stays the default for the Jessie release.

True, so technically an upgrade wouldn't do it. (All my "upgrades"
from Wheezy to Jessie have actually been "Okay, I have a working
Wheezy system over here, and I need Debian over there... I think I'll
install Jessie", so it's a fresh install.) But in any case, that's not
what he said.

ChrisA