Re: PulseAudio (was Re: Sid Foibles)

Le 09.06.2014 11:51, Chris Angelico a écrit :
On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 7:38 PM, <berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:
except that each time I have read a reference to PA, it was to say that it does not work correctly, and often, removing it seemed to solve the problem?

PulseAudio does have its problems (I don't use it, because my sound
card is a bit weird; I uninstalled PA and built ALSA from source, and
everything's working, if a little fragile - this should not be taken
as indicative), but with anything that's often installed by default,
you'll hear advice to remove it more often than to install it, because
the posts you're reading start from a standpoint of "my system has a
problem". (People don't go around saying, "Hi, my system's working
perfectly, what should I keep?". At least, I haven't heard much of
that.)

So, what's the general feeling? Is PA something that should be removed
at first whiff of a problem, or is it a perfectly good program that
cops an unfair reputation because of that selection bias?

ChrisA

You are completely true. I took a very wrong shortcut, and I apologize for that.