Re: debian installation

Op Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:28:05 +0200 schreef Joy Varghese <joyvjoy@gmail.com>:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am interested to install debian OS in my 'Dell Inspiron N4050'
Is it possible to install?
Where I will get the correct debian OS.
At present the system is running with Windows 7.

Thank you & Regards,

Joy Varghese

Welcome to the Debian Family

The installation of Debian is possible on your laptop. The easiest way to install Debian will be a "net install".
Download and burn in Windows 7 the following cd image:
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.5.0/amd64/iso-cd/debian-7.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso
Connect your laptop with a Ethernet LAN cable, reboot your laptop and boot from the dvd device.
Follow the instructions on your screen and you are up and running.

More information can be found at:
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/

success,

floris