Re: Which 'package' to choose for updating google chrome ?

08.06.2014, 15:40, "Trudi" <trudisparkle@hotmail.com>:
> Hi
> I am using an ASUS Transformer Book.
> Not only are there no useful manuals but also no help from Asus either online OR by telephone, issues go unsolved. It's annoying since they are not cheap.
> My issue is that the android/tablet part of the Asus Transformer keeps saying google chrome needs updating.
> It has a link to the google page BUT you have to choose a package. the problem is there are 4 different packages to chose from AND absolutely no help (even when i call their technical hotline). Which to choose?
> The options are:
>
> Please select your download package:
>
>  32 bit .deb (For Debian/Ubuntu)
>  64 bit .deb (For Debian/Ubuntu)
>  32 bit .rpm (For Fedora/openSUSE)
>  64 bit .rpm (For Fedora/openSUSE)
>
> I'm assuming i need 64bit bt which one? Does it matter?

First you decide for your architecture then for your system. As you are on the Debian list that would be of course a .deb file. .rpm is for Red Hat based distros.

You could open a terminal with:

uname -r

and see what architecture you use (32 vs 64 bit)

--
David Dusanic