Re: unable to mount removable media with xfce4 version 4.10.1

Le 07/06/2014 12:05, David Dušanić a écrit :

> 06.06.2014, 10:56, "François Patte"
> <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr>:
>> Le 06/06/2014 10:29, David Dušanić a écrit :

>>> I could think about a systemd issue. If you use policykit then
>>> it needs systemd now in sid. Are you still using sysv?
>>
>> Yes, I think so because I did not install systemd.... If you are
>>  right, what about a backward compatibility of installed systems?
>>  Developpers do not care?
>>
>> Problems are more important than I said first:
>>
>> 1- xfce4 systematically records my sessions when I logout and I
>> don't want it does....
>>
>> 2- lightdm no more allows to shutdown the system.... I have to
>> do it as root from console...
>>
>> PS. These problems are stupid! I just wanted to show to some
>> people that linux can now be used by people unable to use
>> command line.... I missed! They will remain with windows...
>
> You are using sid, so it has nothing to do with the command line
> and new users. ;)

These kinds of problems also happen with stable version....

> You can disable session saving in Xfce from the
> xfce4-settings-manager or to be asked if you want to save the
> session (session management), three options, quite nice IMO.

Nope! this doesn't work (for many times now!) I had to put some
command in my .Xresources (rm -fr .cache/sessions) to get rid of old
sessions!

> I am not a developer. Yep, some things got screwed because
> everybody is pushing systemd but I do not care, I use it already
> and everything works. Could be that Xfce still has to prepare for
> total systemd compatibility, therefore your problem with lightdm
> and shutdown.

I sent a message SOLVED, it is a bug in polkit...

I don't understand why developping a new init must screw up the old
one! So many times developpers do not care about backward
compatibility and this is boring.... The best example is GNOME, that's
why I switched to xfce. I can give other examples.

I am a TeX user, and TeX has made many changes since its beginning but
I have some 15 year old files which I can still use, because people
developping TeX take care of final users, I don't think that it is the
case for linux distro developpers/packagers

- --
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique
Laboratoire CNRS MAP5, UMR 8145