Re: Path to solution - was [ Re: Forcing question to be asked while presseeding]

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
> Brian wrote:
>> On Mon 02 Jun 2014 at 15:13:24 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
>>>
>>> The problem actually revolves around the installer (both Squeeze and
>>> Wheezy) default boot line including "priority=critical" for an
>>> automatic install. I have not satisfied myself whether that should
>>> be reported as a bug against installer or against documentation.
>>> Does problem still exist in Jessie or later? Not having a high speed
>>> connection, it would be difficult to verify for myself.
>>
>> Any questions below "priority=critical" are not presented to you and
>> you cannot force them to seen with "d-i foo/bar seen false". If you
>> do want to see them you need to lower the priority.
>
> DO read or just spew?

Perhaps you have to add
d-i debconf/priority string {low,medium,high}

tasksel tasksel/first multiselect standard, desktop
tasksel tasksel/first seen false

Hopefully "priority=critical" on the kernel cmdline won't be
superceded by "d-i debconf/priority string ...".