Re: Gnome 3 password-protected screensaver / Jessie

On 29/05/14 07:14 AM, David Dušanić wrote:
29.05.2014, 05:24, "Gary Dale" <garydale@torfree.net>:
...but there is no provision for a password.

Just begin to type your password and you will see a prompt to log in.

No I don't. If I touch the keyboard or mouse when the screen blanker or power-suspend is in effect, the screen wakes up and I'm back at my desktop. If I actually type my password, it is interpreted as keyboard input by whatever application has focus at the time.

When adjusting the power settings, there is no provision for entering a password. Typing in a password when trying to adjust those settings also has no effect.

If you are getting different results then your system has a different setup from mine. If you've got a working password-protected screen saver, I'd like to know how you got it working.

In may case, I have a working screen saver when using the KDE desktop but not when using Gnome 3. Checking with Synaptic, I have screen saver packages installed but they don't appear to functioning when using Gnome 3.