Re: can't get wicd to work

the b43 module was the answer for at least most of the broadcom
wireless devices. HOWEVER the system out of the debian wheezy box
seems to want to make 'wl' the wireless module. wrong for broadcom
chips. but it's not enough to simply let the b43 installer do its
thing. you must also blacklist wl.  discussion here:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/h/1wfpk8wkh8328/?&v=c&s=q&q=launchpad&th=146449130dc82f52