Re: iptables, virtualbox and port forwarding

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 May 2014 21:25:23 +1000
> Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Chris,
>
>>still trying to convince his ISPs that IPv6 is worth supporting
>
> Hard, isn't it?
>
> Several (many?) ISPs in these parts seem to be doing the equivalent of
> sticking their fingers in their ears and humming loudly, when if
> customers even mention IPv6.
>
> In the end, I voted with my wallet.

Sadly, the contract is bound up in arrangements covering telephony as
well, so it would be quite expensive to change providers. There's only
one ISP in this area that has IPv6, and it's even owned by our current
ISP, but the parent company is in no rush to deploy v6. They do
acknowledge the importance, yes, but it's not considered commercially
important. (When will it? I don't know. Even when it's all in the
news, like with the IPv4 address exhaustion in Feb 2011, nobody seemed
too concerned.)

It's off-topic for this list, but I would be very curious to know how
much extra, on average, people would pay in order to get an IPv6
netblock. Maybe it really isn't commercially important.

ChrisA