Cloning hdds of different sizes

Hello,

In one of my computers I have 2 HDDs. One of them is a 250 GB drive (debian) and the other is a 300 GB (data).

I've decided to give one of them to my parents because the one they have right now makes some strange noises. So I've backed up and cleaned up the drive, and as we speak I am cloning my debian install (from the 250 GB disk) onto the other drive.

My fstab contains blkids to identify the root, swap, and home partitions.
Will the new clone just boot as if it was on the old drive?

Also is there a simple method to resize the future home partition and move the root partition so that I don't end up with unallocated space on the drive?
Basically I'd like to have a bootable system while also being able to use the entire space on the disk.

Thank you for any suggestions,

--
Sent from my Brick (TM)