Re: Error message: Possible missing firmware during linux-image upgrade

On 2014-05-26 17:03 +0200, Reco wrote:

> On Mon, 26 May 2014 04:53:03 -0700 (PDT)
> Horatio Leragon <hleragon@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Is this a bug?
>
> A fixed one (see below).
>

>> What should I have done under the above circumstances?
>
> Install firmware-realtek from the backports.

This would get rid of the message since the missing files have been
added in version 0.38.  However, they are probably not needed for
Horatio since his network presumably works with older versions of
firmware-realtek.

> Or, if network connectivity isn't lost after the upgrade - purge this
> ugly bit of non-free from your system.

This is probably not recommended, his device likely needs some other
firmware already included in the wheezy version of the package.

Cheers,
       Sven