Re: exim4 fetchmail delivery more than 10 rejected

Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
> I've tried adding this line:
> smtp_accept_queue_per_connection=300

> to /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template which causes a failure when I run
>   /etc/init.d/exim4 reload
> (It generates a new conf that exim4 does not accept.

That line looks plausible to me. Where did you add it, and what error
message did you get?

The documentation states that you can set this to zero to disable it entirely:

  smtp_accept_queue_per_connection  Use: main  Type: integer  Default: 10

  This option limits the number of delivery processes that Exim starts
  automatically when receiving messages via SMTP [...] If the value of the
  option is greater than zero, and the number of messages received in a
  single SMTP session exceeds this number, subsequent messages are placed
  on the queue, but no delivery processes are started. [...] On dial-in
  client systems it should probably be set to zero (that is, disabled).

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-main_configuration.html

Chris