Re: GNOME-Terminal is blank or inactive in Awesome WM on Debian 7

Hi

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 03:56:47PM +0600, Muntasim Ul Haque wrote:
> Hi,
> GNOME-Terminal is blank in Awesome WM. It just opens but doesn't
> show anything. Not even by username and hostname. Absolutely
> nothing. But Xfce terminal was working great. Even Terminator is
> working properly. So what's wrong with GNOME-Terminal?

I once had a similar problem - when pulseaudio had hung for some
reason.  Turned out that because the audio path was blocked, GNOME
apps (mainly gnome-terminal) would hang when doing the sound effects
(which I thought I had turned off).  Other tool like xterm, rxvt etc
worked fine...

Hope this helps

--
Karl E. Jorgensen