Re: search engines (hijacked from rapidly proliferating sess files )

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:
+1 for StartPage. I'm a StartPage user, I don't use Google anymore, but
to be fair, Google shows suggestions while you're typing, so assumed you
misspell or you don't remember some terms, Google is easier to use than
StartPage, IOW because of this feature you might get better results when
using Google.

Blessing and a curse. Google's predictive search has it's own subclass of meme ( http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/6161567/The-20-funniest-suggestions-from-Google-Suggest.html, http://www.halestorm.co.uk/articles/top-ten-funniest-google-instant-searches). I also read an article where someone was questioned because of the google instant or whatever they call it, predicting their search while they were typing.

Normal google searches can even get you a visit from the police (http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/1/4580654/michele-catalano-google-search-pressure-cookers-backpacks-bomb-scare).

I'll stick to startpage.