Re: want to revert back to gnome classic mode.

On 05/21/2014 11:16 AM, Horatio Leragon wrote:

*From:* Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com>
*To:* debian-user@lists.debian.org
*Cc:* debian <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
*Sent:* Wednesday, May 21, 2014 2:30 PM
*Subject:* Re: want to revert back to gnome classic mode.

I recommend installing Xfce, which is very similar to GNOME 2 (and
also happens to be fairly comfortable for someone coming from the OS/2
Presentation Manager). It's the default in Debian Jessie, so switching
now will mean you're on the same thing when Jessie becomes stable.

# apt-get install xfce4

Does xfce come with a lot of bloated apps? I remember that gnome-core
comes with plenty of bloated apps.

No, it's pretty clean and very, very slim. Someone mentioned that it hasn't seen an update in a while but it doesn't really need one. It's been bulletproof for me for a couple years now.

Very lean.

John Bleichert    -    syborg@earthlink.net
The heat from below can burn your eyes out!