Re: FSF condemns partnership between Mozilla and Adobe to support Digital Restrictions Management

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 11:33:48PM +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
> England (or Great Britain - I'm not sure which) in the late 1800s. One
> of my other interests, Gilbert and Sullivan, is notably impacted by
> that, as the "license copy" of a play wasn't necessarily identical to
> what ended up being performed; to us, a hundred-odd years down the
> track, the version registered for copyright gives an insight into the
> creators' minds and what got changed at the last minute. But that was
> in the bad old days ...

I'd suggest it is still happening ... *cough* Hollywood *cough*,
although it is probably referred to as "artistic licence", and phrases
like ... "very loosely based on a true story." etc.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X