Re: Tails

On Fri, May 16, 2014 5:02 pm, Joel Rees wrote:
> On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Theodore Alcapotaxis
> <theotaxis@mail.com> wrote:

Well, I wouldn't know. I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge.

> I was assuming that Brian was being a little more direct than Art.
> Anyway, I think the point about the choice of words has been made.

No, I think Brian was genuine, more in the community spirit I was seeking.

>> BTW what is Tails? Is it the next version of Debian? The current version
>> 7.5 is codenamed "Wheezy", correct?
>>

> https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=tails
>
> First result when I checked just now, but since the archives will
> likely outlast the ranking, it's a live derivative of Debian with a
> useful collection of privacy/anonymity tools, which would be
> particularly useful to a journalist.

That's exactly what it is.
Just trying to keep the girl safe, as she leaves journalist school and
heads out into the wild world of investigative journalism, which is where
she wants to go.
Cheers!

Weaver.

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515