Re: Security updates for hold package

How does one change "default priority" for backports? What will happen if I change the default priority?

> 2. You installed the linux-image-<version>-<flavor> package from
> backports and *not* the corresponding meta-package
> linux-image-<flavour>.

Yes, I installed the linux-image-<version>-<flavor> package from backports. What is a "meta-package"? Is it necessary to install it?

> If your
> linux-image-<flavour> is from backports such changes will not be picked
> up automatically.

What should I do to ensure that backported linux-image-<flavor> pick up such changes?

> Hope this helps,

Your detailed explanation helped me a lot in understanding how Debian works. Thanks for your effort and time :)