semi-random boot problem

Hello all,

I've a problem within the initrd, *sometime* it fail to mount the root
directory and after a while it fall back to the shell.
My guess is a timing issue, the ssd disk "attach" before some process
(udev?) is listening for disk events, but it is only a guess.

I recently added an ssd disk, the grub is in sda, the / is in sdb.
sdb is partitioned as GPT and the grub entry is by uuid.

The initrd try to mount /dev/disk/by-uuid/blablabla, when it fail
/dev/disk doesn't exist at all.

kernel version: 3.14-1-686-pae
initramfs-tools 0.115

k command line:
/boot/vmlinuz-3.14-1-686-pae
root=UUID=0feeec25-eea0-487d-906e-1590990911a0 ro noresume
gfxpayload=true quiet ipv6.disable=1

Somebody experienced this problem already or have suggestions where to
look?

Thanks in advance
Cheers